Many times you must have thought to start your own business or to build something of your own, or even to get hike or promotion in your existing job. It is always great to start something that will benefit you and others as well. But to do that you have to think a lot about being the better version of yourself, Only then you will be able to help others through your work. So When I talk about self-growth I not only mean growing financially but growing emotionally, professionally, and overall growth in your life matters the most here.
"What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." - Jane Goodall
There are many ways with which you can grow in your life. But investing in yourself is the topmost. To become a better version of yourself you have to think a lot about investing time, money, and energy in yourself, then only you will be able to learn those amazing new things that will enhance your skills, your superpowers, and your knowledge. So today we will talk about investing in yourself to become the better version of you.
1. Use your “DEAD” time for your growth: We all have dead time in our daily life. The time when we do nothing. Do not consider your leisure or relax time here, Because it gives you that mental peace. I am talking about actual dead time, Like when you travel from one place to another, Or when you are waiting for someone, or even when you are sitting at your place and thinking about how can I kill my time or what to do next. All you can do is research the things that are important for your profession. Invest this dead time in reading articles related to your profession, Analise social media trends, Try to know more about how Social Media can work for your business, Engage with your audience you have any. Read new and latest things related to your job, learn a new skill. Listen an informative podcast or an audio book that can help you to find ways to achieve your purpose. Utilize this time in the best way that you can. i Utilize this time in the best way that you can.
2. Invest money in yourself: Investing money in yourself not necessarily mean that you have to put a lot of money into so something. You can buy a piece of new equipment for your business. For example if you are a YouTuber, you can buy a ring light or a tripod to make your content better. If you are a student you can invest in a new online course that will help you to gain practical knowledge of your desired field, If you are a food blogger you can buy some food equipment to prepare something delicious and let the world know about how you made it, if you are a teacher you can buy a course that will teach you everything about online teaching and so on. Invest money in something that will give you the knowledge to earn more than what you have invested.
3. Get a coach for yourself: Many times you must have the knowledge but don’t know how to use it, many times you have the basic idea for something and you don’t know the details of it, You have self-doubt and you need someone to support you, to teach you, and to guide you. Exactly at this point, you need a supportive coach. A coach who will teach you how you can organize your thoughts and work and perform better, a coach who will teach you all the necessary stuff that you need to grow professionally, personally, and sometimes emotionally as well. You will never regret investing in a qualified coach.
“Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make, it will not only improve your life, but it will improve all those lives around you.” - Robin Sharma
4. Join different “Like-minded" groups: Investing your time into joining different like-minded groups on Facebook and Linkedin can definitely change your professional as well as personal life. These groups are full of a huge amount of energetic, and successful people who can inspire you to be the better version of yourself. You can learn so many things from them and they can learn some amazing things from you as well. To achieve bigger things it is always good to have a like-minded community. They can be the clients for your services as well. They will be more than happy to have your services if you provide value to them. These groups will be your major energy booster.
5. Make your journey Public: Making your journey public can definitely give you the purpose to be the better version of yourself. Sharing about your knowledge on public platforms can boost your confidence. Start your own Youtube channel, Podcast, Blog, Instagram business profile, or a website where you can showcase your work. Investing your time and energy in creating content for these social media platforms can take you to another level of success. Create value, a lot of value for people, and they will be more than happy to join you in your journey. This way you will see a bigger and better version of yourself. As I said earlier, Investing in yourself will be the best decision you will ever make. All you need to do is trust yourself a little more, be firm on your decisions, and put effort into whatever you are doing. Trust me you will enjoy all the benefits. Just take that one decision and never regret it. You will find many people only talking about their goals but not investing their time, money, and energy into achieving them, make sure you are not one of them. :) - Niaharika Pole Sarwate